HEAP of Books
The goal of HEAP's health and reading initiative, called "HEAP of Books", is to support the development of students' reading and health literacy by providing teachers with resources for using books containing health topics and skills. Read details about the HEAP of Books here.
The HEAP of Books provides teaching resources on over 100 books that address current health issues such as bullying, stress and coping, family life & sexuality, chronic health issues (asthma, diabetes, etc.), alcohol and other drugs, nutrition and exercise, and more. 25 new books will be added in July 2013!
Each book resource includes:
- Book summary and reading levels
- Discussion questions and performance assessments on health topics and skills aligned to the English Language Arts Common Core standards
- Vocabulary list
- Additional resources to extend/enhance learning
- Comment section for teachers to share strategies and successes
About Dating Violence
Teachers can search the books resources by:
- Book Title
- Book Genre
- Health Topics
- Health Skills
- Grade Level
- English Language Arts Common Core Standards
Book Resource Development Tool
MetaLogic offers robust collaborative book resource development tools to enable schools, districts and state teams to create custom resources tailored to specific needs. View Sample Screen Shots.