FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why and how were the HEAP assessment items developed?Read detailed answer here.
2. Are the HEAP assessment items valid and reliable?Read detailed answer here.
3. Is HEAP's Assessment Framework still used?After its publication, many states used the Assessment Framework as a guide to develop state-level curricular frameworks. It is still considered a helpful resource, especially in higher education methods classes to provide a foundation to understand how to use the item bank. However in recent years there has been a movement to 'turn the framework on its side' to emphasize teaching skills using health content to promote higher levels of student health literacy.
4. How were the book resources aligned to the English/Language Arts Common Core Standards?Short answer: by a reading specialist. Detailed Answer coming soon.
5. Why were other HEAP resources developed?Read detailed answer here.
6. Is there any feedback regarding use of the resources?We are compiling a variety of feedback received over the recent years and will continue to build this section. Most recently, the HEAP item bank and item development tool were used as components in a university course in Spring 2013. Read detailed feedback here.
7. Who currently uses these resources?
Many states provide access for their teachers including:
Please contact us for more information.